Monday 8 October 2012

The Most Beautiful Book

Hello loves! What have you been up to lately? For today I have a beautiful book recommendation. I've been reading this book for the past two weeks and I can honestly say that this has become my all times  favourite book. It managed to dethrone Stendhal's "The Red and the Black" and Maurice Druon's "Les Rois Maudits" ("The Cursed Kings") which until now have been my favourite books.
 
You probably know by now, because I said it countless times, that I am a huge history obsessed geek. Thus it comes as no surprise that my favourite novels are history novels. And if you add one of the most captivating love stories in history as a subject, then there are huge chances I will love it. But you don't have to be a sad little person who adores history (like I obviously am) in order to love this book. It will captivate you right away I promise :)
 
The book is called "Courtesan", it is written by Diane Haeger and it tells the wonderful love story between Diane de Poitiers, one of the most famous courtesans of the 16th century, and Henri II of France. What really fascinated me about their story was the strength of their love and how Diane, a woman who was almost 20 years Henri's senior, managed to remain his one true love and his most thrust worthy confidant until the tragic accident that ended his life. However, this is not only a book about one of the most beautiful love stories in the world, but also a book about the life of an extraordinary woman who managed to remain in history as one of the most enigmatic and intriguing female figures thanks to her beauty, wits,  ambition and incredible life story. This book is beautifully written, it's full of emotional tension and you will submerse in the amazing universe of the 16th century French court created by Diane Haeger with great ease. I guarantee that once you start reading the book, you will not be able to put it down until you finish it.
 
 
You can order it here (international) or here (Romanian site)  
 
I really hope I managed to convince you even a bit to buy this book because it's really worth your time. I think no description can do it justice and this is why I urge you to grab your nearest copy and start reading it immediately!
 
Have a beautiful start of the week x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...